Finding the right dentist is an important part of ensuring great oral care for you and your family. You want a dental professional that can meet your needs and offer excellent dental implant treatment. Our tropical dental resorts are located in Crown Point and Michigan City, Indiana, and we would love to welcome you and your loved ones into our practice family!
Once you’ve found a great dentist, every trip to the practice location can be a positive experience. These experiences can translate into well-informed patients who are enthused about taking care of their teeth. Actually, our patients are the best dentally educated group around!
So what are the most important things to look for in a great dentist?
Conducting research when selecting a dentist who meets your needs is as important as selecting the perfect house to fit your lifestyle. When seeking the right dentist, be sure you consider the following five things:
1. Find a dentist with a good reputation. The first important consideration when looking for a great dentist is to check his or her reputation. There are several ways to research dentists and their practice history. One of the first things to do is to search online reviews to see what positive or negative experiences patients have had at their dentist. If you would like to speak with our patients directly about their dental experiences, they would love to share their stories with you!
2. Review your state dental board website. Dentists are held accountable by their state dental board. Each state has a board of dentistry website that tracks the history of dentists. Ensure that the dentist you are considering has completed all requirements and has kept current with the state-required continuing education courses. Dr. Anglis has completed over 3000 hours of continuing education!
3. Interview your dentist. Interviewing your dentist or the dental team members is as simple as picking up the phone and asking the right questions. Find out where the dentist graduated, how long he has been working and what type of dentistry he practices, how many staff members work there, and how long have they been with that dentist. Ask them the questions that are most important to you!
4. Get referrals from friends and family. Ask your friends and neighbors where they go for their dental implant treatment. There is no better way to find a great dentist than to determine who your friends and neighbors trust. Most people will not recommend bad service to you or advise you to see a dentist they are not pleased with themselves. Be sure to check out their smiles as well! Do you want your smile to look like theirs? They will help to direct you to a great dentist!
5. Make sure your dentist meets the needs of your family. Everyone has a certain criteria when they look for the right dental practice. If you are seeking an excellent practitioner who treats each patient as a part of his family, this is the dental practice for you! If you want a doctor and team who will spend the time explaining things to you, and not rush the appointment, we are looking forward to meeting you! Make the decision that is right for you and yours!
It is not an easy decision to choose a wonderful dentist who is best for you and your family, so we encourage you to take the time to conduct your research and to make the right choice. Call us today at 1-877-526-4547 to schedule a complimentary consultation and we’ll be happy to answer all of your questions.